There are a number of centers where you can easily sneak peek to find your most lovable and adorable pets. Pets are wonderful and especially when it comes to dogs, everybody wants one thing- buy it, right? However, after the process of buying and completing all the paperwork, people often fail to take care of the dog in the RIGHT way!
Finding the RIGHT Way!
You must be wondering what is that exact RIGHT way, right? So, let’s elaborate a bit here. Well, whenever an advertisement for dogs for sale is seen, all you do is make sure that the pet is healthy enough. At the same time, you choose the breed and bring it home and shower all the love towards it. This is good, and this is expected, but, what about the health of the pet?
Now, let’s come to the main point here, which is obesity. While many may think that obesity is only a problem for human beings, in reality, it is not so. A dog or cat may be suffering from obesity and there are a number of reasons for it.
- Food can be one primary reason. In most of the cases, in order to shower the so-called extra love, people tend to keep on feeding the dogs on a regular basis. It is no doubt that the dog needs nutrition and good healthy food, but at the same time, there is a need to keep in mind that dogs cannot really digest all types of food. so, stay restricted and give the dog only the type of foods that are made for pets
- Exercise is the second most important factor on the list. Just like humans need exercise to stay healthy, the same thing applies to dogs as well. For that, one needs to ensure that the dog exercises every single day. Take your pet out for a walk, let it roam around in a garden and run! There are the normal activities that one can at least go for
- Genetics is another prime reason. So, when someone is really very excited after seeing the advertisement for dogs for sale, make sure to check the papers thoroughly and if need be can consult with a veterinary doctor to ensure that the pet to be bought is good enough and has no genetic disorder history.
So, these are the three factors that can lead to obesity in the pet. Unlike humans, obesity doesn’t cause them to develop osteoporosis or diabetes but definitely shorten their lifespan. Hence, maintaining a healthy weight for the pet is indeed necessary.
Keeping in mind the following factors, one can ensure a healthy dog. However, certain things need to be kept in mind
- To show your love, don’t let the dog have that scoop of ice-cream or any similar food. Ice-cream is meant for humans only.
- Make sure to check with a vet and jot down the weight
- Never keep your dog confined within a room. Activity is a much-needed thing for dogs
- Make sure that the dog doesn’t steal and get extra foods
- Introducing a dog to a new food can be tough. Make sure that it is a gradual process